Sunday, June 27, 2010

Change.

You must embrace change. I've heard that since I was a child, and lived it as my parents divorced, we moved 5 times within the same city in 4 years, went to 3 different junior high schools and a completely new high school....and so much more.

Also--technology, reel-to-reel tape to casettes to 8-track to better casettes and Bose to the internet and Windows and Mac desktops to laptops to iPads to brick mobile phones, to HBO to cable tv to DirecTV to cell phones to online banking to iTunes to iPod to digital cameras to podcasts to dvd's and dvr's and Netflix and Skype and video chat to...

Family-wise...Lindsey's halfway through to her doctorate at DePaul...Peter's a senior and will graduate next summer...and I took Chris to Marquette Univ for his orientation this week. In two months, the term "empty nesters" (with benefits, i.e., kids will still be home for breaks, holidays, etc.)...will apply to us! They're not at all the 3 little kids I remember watching play baseball, water polo, cheerleading--talk about change...

Jobs change too. More to come on this. Exciting. with tremendous accomplishments to build off of. And I will. As I embrace change...

No comments: